Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Luxe



Well I finished The Luxe today and enjoyed it enough to go out and buy the second book Rumors and place it ahead of Rhett Butler's People which was next on my TBR list. All in all I enjoyed The Luxe a lot. I am a big fan of the show Gossip Girl and so much of the witty banter and dialogue reminded me of the show. The Luxe is essentially Gossip Girl set in the early 1900's. It flows easily and the characters grow on you. The story line is one that is familiar to aristocracy; money, gossip, image, and doing whats best for the family. I enjoy the way Godbersen starts each new chapters with a little snippet of an article or letter to give you an idea of what lays ahead. Lastly I will admit I am a sucker for a good looking cover and will read books with beautiful covers just to see what is going on inside those pages and The Luxe and its subsequent sequels are some of the most lovliest covers you will ever see. So if you are looking for a fun romp in high society with gorgeous gowns, debonair men, and gossip abound you might want to take a stroll into the young adult section and pick this one up...the cover alone is worth it I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment