Thursday, September 17, 2009

BBAW- Reading Meme



Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
No I like to read in bed so no food.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea ofwriting in books horrify you?
I would never write in my book willingly, that's sacrilege

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?Laying the book flat open?
Most of the time I just memorize the page number though I do use book marks at times and even lay it open (*gasp*) if I know Ill be back quickly

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Fiction. The only non-fiction I like is cute animal stories.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hard copy. I think reading and listening require different skills and I prefer to read so I have time to visualize, digest, and reread if need be.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are youable to put a book down at any point?
It depends on the book. Some books I can put down others I can't.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I usually try to reason it out but I have been known to look things up later.

What are you currently reading?
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig

What is the last book you bought?
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory which I got signed when I met her and which I still need to take a picture of

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I really like to finish one book before starting another. If I pick up another while reading another book it usually means I am about to quit the first book.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I like to read in bed snuggled up under the covers with pillows and pets around me. I don't have a specific time though I do a lot of reading at night.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I like them both.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Philippa Gregory is one of my favorites. My favorite book is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and I encourage everyone has tried to read it to get through the first fifty pages and the book gets better.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
By size of how they look together on my bookshelves though I do try my best to keep series together. The only time I cant is when some are paperback and some are hardcover. I hate that and usually try to stick with one or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment