Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my little book nook on the Internet. My name is Jasmine. I go by enchantingdragon online so naturally a book blog for me would be Literary Dragon =)


This blog was born so I could have a place to keep track of all the books I have read, plan to read, and want to read as well as a way of keeping track on new releases and book blogs that I subscribe to. I love reading as well as hearing about other people's reactions to things I have read so feel free to email me to discuss, I welcome the insight and friendship. I might right reviews here from time to time but I must say I review books differently then most. When I review books I mostly talk about how I view the story and characters within it. I rarely summarize the story rather reflect on the emotions or lack thereof the book evokes from my persons which is why I love to hear how books I read affect others in the same way as well as things that others might have noticed or got from a particular character, scene, imagery, etc. I am a huge fan of historical fiction and mainly read those though I do dapple over to the classics (my favorite book is Wuthering Heights), chick lit (love the Shopaholic sereies), regular fiction (Cider House rules is one of my favorites as well), and of course non-fiction about cute cuddly animals (Marley and Me & Dewey both had me in tears). I also have a love for re-made fairy tales/mythical legends. I am always out searching for my next book (which is why my TBR pile is miles high )so if you have any recommendations please feel free to share though I must add I rarely read non-ficiton and I can not abide horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment