Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorites

Since deciding to start this blog I decided I would try my hand at writing reviews. Like I stated in my introduction my reviews will more likely be musings of the story and how I felt about it rather then a summary of the entire book. I decided to start this off my reviewing my favorite ten books listed below. I will dedicate a time to write about each book over the next few weeks.

Jasmine's Favorite Books in no particular order save the first book which is my absolute favorite book of all time

-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
-The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
-Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
-Queen of Camelot by Nancy Mckenzie
-Courtesan by Diane Haeger
-The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
-Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
-The Cider House Rules by John Irving
-Twilight by Stephenie Meyers
-The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George

All of these books have touched me in a special way and most of them I have re-read several times because of the emotion and joy I get from reliving the stories again.

A special mention goes out to 2 series, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and The Shopaholics Series by Sophie Kinsella, and one children's book The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick that also are very special to me and if I find reviewing to be fun and worthwhile endeavor I will review as well.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of Book Blogging, Jasmine! Thanks for putting my blog on your BlogRoll, I appreciate it!
    I am looking forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete